SC Finance, Economic Opportunities and Tourism
- 08h00 – 08h05: Welcome and Attendance
- 08h05 – 09h05: Briefing by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism and Wesgro on (i) the tourism readiness plan for the 2023/24 tourism season (ii) the Province’s state of readiness for the upcoming tourism season (iii) the expectations for the 2023/24 tourism season, and (iv) the results of the G4J Tourism Challenge
- 09h05 – 10h05: Briefing by the Department of Transport and Airports Company South Africa on the readiness of the Cape Town International Airport (CTIA) for the 2023/24 tourism season, and an update on the ICT-related challenges in respect of the e-gates at the CTIA
- 10h05 – 11h05: Briefing by the Department of Home Affairs on the processing of skills visas, remote working visas and tourism visas in preparations for the 2023/24 tourism season in the Western Cape
- 11h05 – 12h05: Briefing by the Department of Transport and the National Transport Regulator on the measures taken to address the backlog in tourism operating licenses in the Western Cape
- 12h05 – 12h30: Resolutions/Actions and Closure of the meeting
Click here to view live.