Vision, Mission and Values
To be the leading regional parliament, rooted in Africa - innovative, relevant, forward looking and in touch with all its people.
In pursuance of the vision, the administration of WCPP commits to serve, support and strengthen the WCPP by:
- Being professional and innovative in our processes and work while fostering ethical and good governance;
- Empowering our Members and staff to function optimally;
- Facilitating the constitutional mandate of law-making, public participation and oversight in the interests of the people of Western Cape; and
- Promoting the WCPP provincially, nationally and internationally.
Recognising, valuing and embracing diversity as a strength in performing our functions, we, as the administration of the WCPP, subscribe to the following values:
- Respect: The WCPP recognises the dignity of others and acts with kindness, tolerance and appreciation of diversity.
- Transparency: The WCPP represents the interests of the people of the Western Cape and is transparent in its operations and records. The WCPP communicates in an open and inclusive way.
- Honesty: The WCPP strives to be truthful and honest in all its business and interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Integrity: The WCPP demonstrates high ethical standards in its processes, systems, conduct and dealings with all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Professionalism: The WCPP strives towards efficiency of operations, informed decision-making and a general professional attitude by providing advice and services of a high quality. The WCPP strives to act on the basis of sound and established rules of procedure, facts, insights and experience.
- Impartiality: The WCPP seeks to retain an impartial approach to conducting business by being non-partisan.
- Efficiency: The WCPP renders an efficient service by utilising resources responsibly and cost-effectively.
- Accountability: TheWCPP seeks to build a culture of accountability for actions, decisions, and deliverables through the entrenchment of the rule of law, policies and prescripts.