Questions and Replies
The right of Members to put questions to Ministers is an important part of ensuring the executive authority’s accountability to the Provincial Parliament. Questions may be put to Ministers related to their spheres of responsibility. Replies to questions are either given orally in the House or in writing. The replies to oral questions are recorded in Hansard.
On this page you can search questions for written reply. Use one or more of the search fields by making a selection from the relevant dropdown menu. You can also do a text search by entering a search term in the text field– specific search terms will render a better result. Click ‘Apply’. The results will be displayed in the table below. Click on ‘Question Link’ to view the full result. When you are searching, it is advisable to complete as many of the search fields as possible in order to narrow down the results.
|Question||Question Number||Date||Question Link|
With reference to the reply to question 14 of 17 September 2021:
(1) Regarding the response to 14(c), (a) what are the specific details of each of the “several interventions” implemented to address the root causes underlying the DNA backlog at the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) and (b) how does each intervention contribute to ensuring the backlog does not occur again;
(2) regarding the response to 14(e), for how long were the RI Lane instruments not operating at full capacity;
(3) whether the contract for the maintenance of the RI Lane instruments is still pending; if so, (a) what is the latest update and (b) what is the reason the delay;
(4) what is the daily difference in cases processed when the RI Lane instruments are fully operational as opposed to when these cases are processed manually?
|3||12 November 2021||11270|
With regard to the funds handed over to the Laingsburg Municipality on 19 October 2021:
(a) What amount was provided, (b) what was the purpose of the funding and (c) what amount has been spent to date?
|2||12 November 2021||11269|
(a) What amount of funding was provided to the Laingsburg Municipality for the Rural Safety Plan and (b)(i) for what purpose were the funds used and (ii) what are the details thereof?
|1||12 November 2021||11268|
(1) Whether the case of a learner, whose details has been furnished to her Department for the purpose of her reply, has been brought to her attention; if so,
(2) whether she and her Department are able to assist with the placement of this learner; if not, why not; if so, how;
(3) whether learners who are attending junior high schools get admission to the senior high school; if not, what is the admission procedure;
(4) whether there is an age limit for admission to attend a high school; if so, what are the relevant details?
|15||1 October 2021||11265|
(1)(a) What remedial action was taken to support the learner, (b) what trauma counselling was provided to the victim, (c)(i) what other victim or trauma support was provided to the victim and (ii) what are the detailed steps and timelines of the support provided
(2) whether the SAPS was called to the school to arrest the teacher; if not, (a) why not and (b) who made the decision not to call them; if so, who at the school or which WCED official or officials made the call to the SAPS;
(3) whether medical treatment was provided to the learner; if not, why not; if so, (a) what are the relevant details and (b) who paid for the medical treatment of the learner;
(4) whether an interdict was sought by her Department against the teacher; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(5) whether her Department decided not to proceed with criminal assault charges against the teacher; if so, (a) who made the decision and (b) why was the decision made;
(6) how many assault charges has her Department laid against teachers in the period 2016 to 2021?
|14||1 October 2021||11264|
(1) What are the (a) roles and responsibilities, (b) formal functions and (c) processes of the (i) Executive Mayor, (ii) Speaker and (iii) Municipal Manager respectively at municipalities in light of the Auditor-General’s Report on Municipalities as issued;
(2) whether any official prescript or practice notice was issued to Western Cape municipalities by the Province in light of the abovementioned report; if not, why not; if so, whether a copy of copies can be made available?
|13||1 October 2021||11263|
With respect to the proposed Sustainable Infrastructure Development and Finance Facility (SIDAFF) Programme:
1. (a)(i) At which stage is development of this programme currently and (ii) what are the details of this and (c) when does his Department expect to implement it;
2. whether any other local municipalities – in addition to those of Saldanha Bay, Swartland, Stellenbosch, the Breede Valley, Overstrand, Mossel Bay, Drakenstein and George – have indicated their commitment to this programme; if so, what are the relevant details?
|10||1 October 2021||11262|
With reference to the Premier’s announcement (weekly digicon, 9 September 2021) that the Western Cape has set a target of fully vaccinating residents 50 years and older against COVID-19, as well as providing at least one dose of the vaccination to 70% of residents between 18 and 49 years of age, by December 2021:
1. (a) What progress has been made in this regard and (b)(i) what are the regions with the greatest identified levels of vaccine hesitancy and (ii) how is this being addressed proactively;
2. whether community leaders and gatekeepers are being approached to encourage residents to obtain vaccines; if so, what are the relevant details;
3. whether mobile vaccination sites will operate near voting stations during the upcoming local-government elections; if so, what are the relevant details;
4. (a)(i) how are the “boots-on-the-ground drives” determined and (ii) what resources are utilised for these drives, (b) what are the latest details of the Cipla Foundation partnership to deploy vaccination stations in various communities and (c)(i) what plans are in place to increase door-to-door registration campaigns and (ii) how are these determined?
|9||1 October 2021||11261|
(a)What was the vacancy rate at each individual South African Police Service (SAPS) station in the province in (i) 2018, (ii) 2019, (iii) 2020 and (iv) 2021 to date and (b) how many officers assigned to a station have left the service as a result of (i) death, (ii) resignation, (iii) dismissal or (iv) any other factors?
|8||1 October 2021||11256|
What is the status of case 157/09/2021 at the SAPS Philippi East (satellite station: Samora Machel)?
|7||1 October 2021||11255|