1. Welcome and apologies
2. Briefing on information and misinformation
3. Briefing by the Department of the Premier on the Western Cape Government’s communication with residents, with specific reference to:
3.1 General information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic;
3.2 Behaviours to limit the spread of COVID-19;
3.3 Safety of COVID-19 vaccines;
- Vaccine registration and availability; and
3.5 Information and mis-information on this virus.
4. Briefing by the COVID-19 Actuaries Response Group on the following:
- The core business of the Group, with specific reference to the collaboration of actuaries and how it came about;
- The information and education strategies;
- The Group’s responses to the pandemic, particularly in SA; and
- Insights on information and mis-information on the virus.
5. Briefing by the Twitter influencers Sugan Naidoo and Ridhwaan Suliman on the following:
5.1 The drivers that led to them becoming COVID-19 information influencers;
5.2 The motivating factors that drives them to report on COVID-19 daily; and
5.3 The important lessons learned over the past 18 months with regards to communicating, information and mis-information on this virus.
View live here: https://www.wcpp.gov.za/node/9709