New Cabinet announced
Premier Helen Zille announced the new Cabinet of the Western Cape Government earlier today. The new Cabinet will be sworn in by Western Cape High Court Deputy Judge President Jeanette Traverso on Monday, 26 May. The new Cabinet comprises eight Ministers served in the as Ministers before and two new Ministers.
The two new Cabinet members are Min Nomafrench Mbombo, allocated the portfolion of Cultural Affairs and Sport and Min Debbie Schäfer, in the portfolio of Education. The other eight Ministers are:
- Min Theuns Botha: Health
- Min Anton Bredell: Local Government, Environmental Affairs and Development Planning
- Min Albert Fritz: Social Development
- Min Donald Grant: Transport and Public Works
- Min Bonginkosi Madikizela: Human Settlements
- Min Ivan Meyer: Finance
- Min Dan Plato: Community Safety
- Min Alan Winde: Agriculture, Economic Development and Tourism
“I am confident that this new team has the right blend of skills, expertise and experience to deliver on the promises we have made to citizens and to continue making progress in realising our goal of becoming the best run regional government in the world,” said Premier Zille.