Public hearings on the Property Practitioners Bill
The Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Economic Opportunities, Tourism and Agriculture will conduct public hearings on the Property Practitioners Bill [B 21B–2018] (NCOP). These public hearings will be conducted in accordance with the national Constitution and the Constitution of the Western Cape.
The Property Practitioners Bill seeks:
- To provide for the regulation of property practitioners;
- to provide for the continuation of the Estate Agency Affairs Board as the Property Practitioners Regulatory Authority; to provide for the appointment of the members of the Board and matters incidental thereto;
- to provide for the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer and other staff members of the Authority;
- to provide for transformation of the property practitioners sector;
- to provide for the establishment of the transformation fund and establishment of the research centre on transformation;
- to provide for compliance with and enforcement of the provisions of the Act;
- to provide for the continuation of the Estate Agents Fidelity Fund as the Property Practitioners Fidelity Fund;
- to provide for consumer protection;
- to provide for the repeal of the Estate Agency Affairs Act, 1976; and
- to provide for matters connected therewith.
The public hearings are arranged as follows:
- Thursday, 7 March 2019 at the White City Multipurpose Centre, 41 Trichardt Street, Saldanha Bay, from 17:30 to 19:30
- Wednesday 13 March 2019 at the George Main Hall, York Street, George, from 18:00 to 20:00
- Thursday 14 March 2019 in the WCPP Chamber, 6th Floor, 7 Wale Street, Cape Town, 18:00 to 20:00
Interested persons and organisations are invited to attend and to participate in the public hearings. Written submissions and requests to make verbal presentations on such submissions must be directed to the Standing Committee’s Co-ordinator, Ms Zaheedah Adams, Tel 021 487 1641 or Email email@example.com. Requests to make verbal presentations at the public hearing must be submitted to the Committee Co-ordinator at least one day before the date of the public hearing. Written submissions must be received by Friday, 15 March 2019. Copies of the Property Practitioners Bill [B 21B–2018] (NCOP) are available on request or click here to download a copy from the WCPPs website.