Click here for more information
The Standing Committee on Health and Wellness will hold public hearings on the National Health Insurance Bill [B 11B–2019]. Interested persons and organisations are encouraged to attend and participate in the public hearings and to submit written input on the bill.
Purpose of the bill
The purpose of the National Health Insurance Bill is to achieve universal access to quality healthcare services in the South Africa in accordance with section 27 of the Constitution; to establish a National Health Insurance Fund and to set out its powers, functions and governance structures; to provide a framework for the strategic purchasing of healthcare services by the Fund on behalf of users; to create mechanisms for the equitable, effective and efficient utilisation of the resources of the Fund to meet the health needs of the population; to preclude or limit undesirable, unethical and unlawful practices in relation to the Fund and its users; and to provide for matters connected herewith.
Written submissions on the bill can be sent to Ms Nomonde Jamce, Procedural Officer, via email: email@example.com, before or on Friday 29 September 2023.
The public hearings are arranged as follows:
- Monday, 18 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the Rustdene Hall in Beaufort West;
- Tuesday, 19 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the Banqueting Hall, 71 York Street, in George;
- Wednesday, 20 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the Vicotoria Hall, Ian Toerien Way, in Caledon;
- Friday, 22 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, WCPP Chamber, 6th Floor, 7 Wale Street, Cape Town;
- Tuesday, 26 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the White City multi-purpose centre in Saldanha Bay;
- Wednesday, 27 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the Sports Hall, Dam Street, Vredendal; and
- Friday, 29 September, from 09:00 to 12:00, at the Thusong Centre, Mbekweni, Paarl.
Copy of the bill
Click here to download a copy of the bill.
For enquiries, contact the Procedural Officer, Ms Nomonde Jamce on 021 487 1658 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.