The Standing Committee on the Premier and Constitutional Matters of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament invites stakeholders, interested persons and organisations to make submissions on the Constitution of the Western Cape Amendment Bill (Determination of number of Members) [B6 - 2023].
Aim of the Bill
The aim of the Bill is to amend the Constitution of the Western Cape, 1997, so as to provide for the number of Members of the Provincial Parliament; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
To make a submission
Those interested in engaging with the standing committee may submit written submissions by:
- Sending an email to email@example.com
- Sending a voice note on WhatsApp to 083 462 4803
- Or by requesting to appear before the standing committee to make an oral presentation.
All submissions and requests to appear before the standing committee must reach the standing committee by no later than Friday, 19 October.
- Friday, 25 August: 16:00 - 18:00: George
- Friday 1 September: 16:00 - 18:00: Saldanha Bay
- Friday, 15 September: 15:00-17:30: Cape Town
- Friday, 22 September: 16:00-18:00: Paarl
- Wednesday, 18 October: 16:00-18:00: Hermanus
Ms Waseemah Achmat
Tel: 021 487 1657
Copy of the Bill
Click here to download a copy of the Bill.